Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Grantham Mid-Lent Fair

We went to the Grantham Fair. Grantham holds a big fair two times a year. The one we went to is the Mid-Lent Fair because it is in the middle of lent. The fair dates back to the 1400s! Of course now they sell cotton candy instead of cattle. Now they also have rides. We walked through the fair looking at all the things that are the same as fairs back home and at things that are different. Many of the prize things are the same. You can win goldfish and stuffed animals at a lot of the stalls. There was a big area for bumper cars. I really wanted to do it. Some college students, my mom, and I rode on the bumper cars. It was so “bumpy” that my sunglass lens broke off. Every time I got bumped or I bumped someone else I thought my teeth would fall off. The bumper cars here jolt you around more than the ones back home. I also ate some fair food. I tried fried donuts that had a lot of powdered sugar on top. It was so good. The fair was terrific.

No comments:

Post a Comment