Thursday, March 22, 2012

Barca Footy

GOAL!!! I went to a Barcelona match! It was amazing. I felt like I was in a wave of blue, red, and yellow. It was ten times better than I thought it would be. When you first see the inside of the stadium it takes your breath away. Barcelona is my favorite team. Lionel Messi who plays on Barcelona is my favorite player. He is so good that Barcelona signed (recruited) him at age 13. The stadium was HUGE!!! Here is a comparison to the Lucas Oil Stadium where I have cheered on the Colts and the Barcelona Stadium. The Lucas Oil Stadium has 63,000 seats and the Barcelona stadium has about 99,000. Barcelona played Granada. Barcelona beat them 5-3. The first half Barcelona dominated scoring two beautiful goals. The second half had a turnaround. In the first five minutes Granada scored off of a cross. Then only about ten minutes later Granada got a penalty and they scored! At that point it was 2-2. Barcelona needed to pump it up. That is exactly what happened. Messi came in and dribbled between two defenders. He fired it in and the crowd erupted. On top of the goal, Messi had just beat a Barcelona record for the most goals! Messi broke Cesar Rodriguez's 57-year Barca record. Not long after number 23 on Barcelona scored again. Granada was still fighting strong. They got another penalty and they scored! 4-3 Barca. Right at the end of the game Messi scored again for a hat trick! I was so happy. The game was GREAT! 

3 comments:

  1. Look like a great game Brock! You guys are having so many fun adventures. I kind of wish that I could tag along and see all the cool sites with you :) Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be great. I know how much you talk about your class snow skiing in Utah, so maybe you could try to ski in the air behind an airplane and zoom over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun fun night!!! I almost don't even remember how cold we all were;)

    ReplyDelete