Saturday, March 24, 2012

Madrid

Madrid is where the Elsea family and my family went after Barcelona. Madrid is the capital of Spain. We first went to Plaza de Sol and then went to Plaza Mayor. Plaza Mayor is a huge courtyard with a big arch to walk on each corner. Lots of street performers were walking around. There was a big statue of a man riding a horse and a pretty clock on one of the buildings. The statue was King Philips III. He was king when the Plaza was created. Next we headed to Restaurant Botin for linner (that's what we say is lunch/dinner since we ate in the middle of the afternoon!). Botin was Ernest Hemingway's favorite place to eat in Spain. Hemingway is my mom's favorite writer. In one of his books we have at my home he describes the restaurant, and my mom wanted to go back there because she said the food is delicious and that it is the world's oldest working restaurant (since 1725). I was excited. Inside you walk down a spiral staircase into a room that has rocky, old walls. It was cool. I ordered King Prawn. I loved it. Madrid was great!

2 comments:

  1. So what kind of food is a King Prawn. Is it something weird or is it something simple like chicken?

    ReplyDelete
  2. King Prawn is kind of like shrimp but an extra big shrimp. In the UK you see the word prawn alot more than you see it in the U.S. Sam, thank you so much for writing on my blog posts. It makes it more fun to write about things I see or do.

    ReplyDelete