Friday, January 6, 2012

Harlaxton

Woohoo! We are at Harlaxton. Harlaxton was the destination of our big trip. The day we left we woke up close to Trafalgar Square, a big and famous square in London, and headed toward the airport since that was the meeting place for all the professors and their families. We were taken to a big bus that would drive us to Harlaxton. When you are close to Harlaxton the bus driver points you to the left and you see a massive structure that looms over everything. Harlaxton! Our guide took us to our carriage house. Later that day we got a tour of Harlaxton Manor. I have found one or two secret passageways. I cannot wait for tomorrow to look for more! The picture is of the State Dining Room. That is where we had dinner last night.

9 comments:

  1. So Harlaxton is really cool and you already found some of the secret passage ways. I guess they are not so secret anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting week you have had. I love reading your blog posts and seeing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Grammy. And thanks for sending us the hot chocolate. It's very good. It's making the snow even more enjoyable.

      Delete
  3. It has been exciting! I've found a few more passageways since I wrote last and I plan on finding more. Hope everything is going great back in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be so fun to look for secret passages.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cool! The kids can't wait to check out the secret passageways:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Secret Passages?? SECRET PASSAGES??!!
    forgive me, i have never seen a SECRET PASSAGE BEFORE!!! Can you send me a plane ticket?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm working on the lottery so I can get you all over here to go through the secret passageways with me. They are so cool. Some are huge wooden doors that look just like the walls. Others are small trapdoors that are close to the floor. And we even found one that has a staircase in it that has rusty bars and stretches three levels.

    ReplyDelete