Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Homeschooling Fun

This week was my first week of getting homeschooled or should I say castleschooled. I do almost everything my class back in the States does. I even do P.E. On a regular Monday I will usually go to the Harlaxton Sports Hall and have P.E. Then I will start the learning. I will usually do a little Math, English, Science, History, and Spelling. I will have lunch around noon, which is just like back at home. Except for the fact that at home it is about 6 in the morning! Today I had shepherd's pie. As for Music, we got to dance and sing to a Ceidilh band. The band came out to Harlaxton Manor and there was a guitarist, violinist, fiddler and a drummer. They played Irish and Scottish music. You pronounce the name like kay-lee. When we danced there was lots of laughing and clapping. It was awesome. After “school” I play with my new friends from Harlaxton. We usually will go and look for secret passages or play sports. In the Sports Hall they have almost any sport you can think of. They have hockey, cricket, baseball, soccer, football, basketball, rugby, volleyball, boxing, and capture the flag. It is pretty hard to get bored when you live by a castle and you have a sports hall right next to you!

7 comments:

  1. That would be so much fun to get to go to the Sports Hall anytime. Soccer is your favorite, but what is youe next favorite? Castleschooled...just like at home---Castle..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you are having a wonderful time. I am so happy for you even though I miss you. Give your Mom and Layla a hug for me.
    Love you,
    Papa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you too! We like seeing the photos of you and Jellicle having cappos. Mom, Layla, and I are sending you hugs back.

      Delete
  3. My next favorite sport is basketball. How is your basketball team doing this season, Justin? Dunk it for me! And Papa, I know how your team (IU) is doing. Great! Miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Field hockey. We don't have much snow over here, but one day I gathered all the frost I could around Harlaxton and made four snowballs. They are still in the freezer! Heard you all had some snow.

    ReplyDelete