Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Manchester United

It’s a goal!!! Today was a big day. One of my best Christmas presents was a tour of the Man U stadium, called Old Trafford. Man U, or Manchester United, is an amazing professional soccer team. Man U has possibly the biggest sport franchise in the whole world. The team started in 1910, over 100 years ago. Man U is in the English Premier League. When I got to the stadium with my family, the stadium hid part of the sun because it was so tall. I was lost for words and all I could say was “Thank You!” and “Oh My Gosh.” It was a sight to behold. We walked up the stairs toward the Man U museum where the tour would start.We learned a few cool facts like what Manchester Shield means. The red stands for the devil because Manchester United is sometimes called the red devils. The figure in the middle is a devil. The two dots on the sides of the shield are soccer balls (footballs).

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Brock! So awesome that you got to take a tour of Man U stadium.

    ReplyDelete