Saturday, January 7, 2012

Pheasants, Pheasants Everywhere

For the past few days as I would walk around the Harlaxton grounds, I would see a wild bird called a pheasant. Pheasants are big birds the size of chickens all across the UK. The pheasants I have seen have a red neck. That is probably why that type of pheasant is called the Red Necked Pheasant. To me, pheasants seem to be a friendly, lazy bird because every time I walk toward one it doesn't fly away until I am five feet away from it. No wonder it is almost extinct! On the Harlaxton grounds there are not only pheasants but we have spotted bunnies and fox.

4 comments:

  1. Very cool but nothing like the Blue Footed Booby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would be really hard to make a model of the Red Necked Pheasant!
    Let us know if you ever catch one:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried to catch one the other day by its nest. What I think was the male jumped up, squwaked and ran away. I chased after it and found out the unnerving fact that pheasants are faster than me.

    ReplyDelete